- lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
- a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.
CyanogenMod is been in the market for the long while, now the LinageOS is the new rom in the market to play with 😉 as i’ve told you in the previous blog that i’ll with you with the handy guide to install and try LineageOS.
The Above Installation is same with the any Flagship Phone like OnePlus3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus2, OnePlus X, OnePlusOne, Xiaomi Mi3/Mi4(Cancro), Redmi 1s, Mi Max , Redmi 3/3s Prime and other flagships.
PHONE USED HERE IS XIAOMI MI4W (CANCRO)
1. Go to Settings>About>Press Build Number 7 times to unlock Developer Options.
2. Search for Android Debugging, and turn ON it.
3. Connect Your Phone to the PC with the help of Data Cable.
4. Go to the website twrp.me and Click on Latest Recovery Release (not App), and then Search for your device and download the .img recovery file.
5. After downloading the file Rename it to (recovery.img)
6. Download the Platform Tools from the link Provided below.
7.Extract the platform-tools.zip to a new folder in desktop.
8. Copy the Recovery.img file to that new folder too.
RECOVERY INSTALLATION TIME: 🙂
- Turn your Phone to fastboot/ bootloader mode. Google for your Device Key Combination.
- Connect Your Phone to PC through USB Cable.
- Open the new folder and press shift while clicking right mouse button.
- Select the Open Command Prompt here option.
- type ( fastboot devices)
- wait for device to show up.
- ( IF U SEE YOUR DEVICE, PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP OTHERWISE CHECK YOUR CABLE CONNECTION)
- type ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
- type ( reboot bootloader)
LINAGEOS ROM INSTALL: –
- after starting the phone copy the downloaded zip file to the root of the phone memory.
- then restart the phone to recovery mode.
- wipe>select all options except internal storage >swipe to wipe
- then go to install>(select rom)>add more zip > (select gapps package) > swipe to install.
- let the device boot.(sometimes it takes about 10 minutes).
COMPELETE THE ALL ON-SCREEN POST-INSTALLATION WIZARDS.
TA-DA you have successfully installed LineageOS to your device.
PROS & CONS OF THE ROM:-
- you can now experience Android N 7.1.1 with latest security patches provided by google.
- rom is slightly faster then any other roms in market.
- stock Android experience.
- LineageOS is still in nightlies so there are some bugs you may experience.
- its a battery hungry rom
- JioFi mifi device will not detect due to limitations of connectivity.
- it takes more system space.
thats all for LineageOS, thanks for reading.